Vanilla (MADAGASCAR VANILLA) Pure doTERRA Essential Oil
Vanilla planifolia | 5ml
Familiar and nostalgic. Exciting and romantic. Lush and warm, sweet and cozy doTERRA vanilla (MADAGASCAR VANILLA) essential oil.
Since the times of the ancient Aztecs, valued and often used in perfumes, vanilla is one of the most popular fragrances in the world and one of those whose extraction is expensive.
A perennial climbing plant that grows up to 75 feet, the Vanilla planifolia plant belongs to the orchid family with yellow-white flowers, from which odorless pods or beans grow.
Interesting fact about vanilla from Madagascar: There is less than a 1% chance that the vanilla flower will pollinate itself, so farmers have to pollinate each flower by hand on the morning when it blooms, and the vanilla flower usually blooms only on one day of the year!
The vanilla plant takes three or four years to start growing beans, the harvest of which must also be harvested by hand. Beans go through a time-consuming and labor-intensive process until they acquire their own aroma and taste. They are then ground and, to preserve the natural aroma of vanilla, compressed CO2 is used in a two-step extraction process that collects the aromatic ingredients of the beans to create an absolute. Combining this absolute with fractionated coconut oil, the result is doTERRA Madagascar Vanilla.
Vanilla (MADAGASCAR VANILLA) Pure doTERRA Essential Oil Uses:
- Fill your home with comforting magic by adding Madagascar vanilla to your favorite diffuser mix.
- Give your morning coffee, tea, cocktail a pleasantly mild taste with just a touch of Madagascar vanilla.
- Use as a charming personal fragrance or add a few drops to the bath oil or body lotion to enjoy the luxurious moment while breathing in the exquisite aroma of Madagascar vanilla.
Vanilla (MADAGASCAR VANILLA) Use of Pure DoTERRA Essential Oil to Make a Natural Perfume:
- in a 10 ml bottle with a ball applicator, add
- 5 drops of Madagascar vanilla
- 3 drops of Lavender
- 3 drops of Wild Orange
- 2 drops of Santalwood
- Fill to the top with fractionated coconut oil
Watch a video about this doTERRA essential oil.